Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Large Endor Tree´s Part 1.

Hello again!

As I said in my last post I am going to try to make some nice terrain for the upcoming Star Wars Legion Miniature game!

I was really inspired by the first Youtube video of the Star Wars Legion miniatures game that was shown from the Gencon 50 convent a few weeks back.

In this post I will try to show you how I made my Large Endor tree´s.


 
I started by first cuting out 5cm x 5cm thick strips of insulation foam.
 
 
Then I cut out 9.5cm across round bases from oil hardened board.
 
 
Then I drilled holes in them for large flower stick to fit.
 
 
Then I cut the foam in 3 pieces and pushed them on to the flower sticks.
 
 
I used wood glue to glue the foam.
 
 
 
 
I cut away as much as I could of the foam, then I used a sander!
 
 
The sanded foam ready for hobby paint.
 
 
The paint is for the next stepp so the foam does not melt from the super glue I used!
 
 
 
 
Then I glued nylon rope to the foam.
 
 
Darth Vader looks on as I work :)
 
 
Then I put on some air drying hobby clay onto the nylon rope.
 
 
After the clay has dried I apply some toilet paper with a 50:50 mix of wood glue and water.
I first brush the tree with the glue mix and then apply the paper, then I apply more onto the paper to
make the paper wrinkled and stick better to the tree.
 
 
The first tree´s after the first wash of woodland scenics: burnt umber 50:50 mix with water.
 
 
 
Hope you all like my lite tutorial so far!
 
 
Best Regards
 
 
Hobby worker.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

13 comments:

  1. Looking good sop far. I really like the texture on the trees

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to following your progress! Legion is definitely on the wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lot of effort, but well worth it fort the final product imo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tutorial! I love the idea of using toilet paper in this project.

    I'm happy someone is very excited about Legion. As a long-time Imperial Assault painter, I am irreparably bitter about the change in scale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I now what you feel but Im totaly into this stuff! Hope you will to!?

      Delete
  5. Very nice work but I enjoyed the most get a glimse of the masters workshop.Always interessting to see how fellow hobbyworkers furnish their "mancaves". :) Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you tired of being human, having talented brain turning to a vampire in a good posture in ten minutes, Do you want to have power and influence over others, To be charming and desirable, To have wealth, health, without delaying in a good human posture and becoming an immortal? If yes, these your chance. It's a world of vampire where life get easier,We have made so many persons vampires and have turned them rich, You will assured long life and prosperity, You shall be made to be very sensitive to mental alertness, Stronger and also very fast, You will not be restricted to walking at night only even at the very middle of broad day light you will be made to walk, This is an opportunity to have the human vampire virus to perform in a good posture. If you are interested contact us on Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete