Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Large Endor Tree´s Part 1.

Hello again!

As I said in my last post I am going to try to make some nice terrain for the upcoming Star Wars Legion Miniature game!

I was really inspired by the first Youtube video of the Star Wars Legion miniatures game that was shown from the Gencon 50 convent a few weeks back.

In this post I will try to show you how I made my Large Endor tree´s.


 
I started by first cuting out 5cm x 5cm thick strips of insulation foam.
 
 
Then I cut out 9.5cm across round bases from oil hardened board.
 
 
Then I drilled holes in them for large flower stick to fit.
 
 
Then I cut the foam in 3 pieces and pushed them on to the flower sticks.
 
 
I used wood glue to glue the foam.
 
 
 
 
I cut away as much as I could of the foam, then I used a sander!
 
 
The sanded foam ready for hobby paint.
 
 
The paint is for the next stepp so the foam does not melt from the super glue I used!
 
 
 
 
Then I glued nylon rope to the foam.
 
 
Darth Vader looks on as I work :)
 
 
Then I put on some air drying hobby clay onto the nylon rope.
 
 
After the clay has dried I apply some toilet paper with a 50:50 mix of wood glue and water.
I first brush the tree with the glue mix and then apply the paper, then I apply more onto the paper to
make the paper wrinkled and stick better to the tree.
 
 
The first tree´s after the first wash of woodland scenics: burnt umber 50:50 mix with water.
 
 
 
Hope you all like my lite tutorial so far!
 
 
Best Regards
 
 
Hobby worker.
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

12 comments:

  1. Looking good sop far. I really like the texture on the trees

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a awesome work! Thanks for a tut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to following your progress! Legion is definitely on the wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lot of effort, but well worth it fort the final product imo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tutorial! I love the idea of using toilet paper in this project.

    I'm happy someone is very excited about Legion. As a long-time Imperial Assault painter, I am irreparably bitter about the change in scale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I now what you feel but Im totaly into this stuff! Hope you will to!?

      Delete
  6. Very nice work but I enjoyed the most get a glimse of the masters workshop.Always interessting to see how fellow hobbyworkers furnish their "mancaves". :) Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete